- Ministry of Commerce of P.R.C
- State Intellectual Property Office of P.R.C
- State Administration for Industry and Commerce of P.R.C
- General Administration of Customs of P.R.C
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- European Patent Office
- International Trademark Association
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
IPR protection is a global issue. As a developing country, China has been making enormous efforts resulting in marked progress. To strengthen IPR protection has become an internal need in the economic transition and upgrading of China. China will continue to increase its efforts on IPR protection and to work with other countries and regions to enhance communication and cooperation on IPR protection.
I. China makes marked progress in IPR protection
1. Actively improve the IPR legal system and enhance IPR examination quality and efficiency
2. Vigorously strengthen the building of IPR protection system and highlight the dual functions of administrative law enforcement and juridical protection
In 2011, China set up the National Leading Group on Fight against IPR Infringement and Counterfeiting (“the National Leading Group” for short) led by the Vice Premier of State Council to be responsible for leading the national work on anti-IPR infringement and anti- counterfeiting. Now, it has 29 member units.
II. China takes active part in the international communication and cooperation on IPR protection
Now, China has joined in nearly 20 international treaties, like Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, Washington Treaty on Intellectual Property in Respect of Integrated Circuits, Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, International Convention for the Protection of New Varieties of Plants and Beijing Treaty on Audiovisual Performances, etc. China actively fulfills its international obligations, widely participates in the multilateral and bilateral exchanges and consultation on IPR issues and works with the international community to combat the illegal act of IPR infringement.
III. To strengthen IPR protection represents internal needs for China to build an innovative country
1. IPR protection helps spur the innovation of economies
2. IPR protection helps Chinese enterprises to better protect their own interests in the course of “going global”
3. IPR protection helps protect the traditional cultural heritage of China. To strengthen IPR protection is an inevitable choice and internal needs of economic transition and upgrading and conforms to the fundamental interests of China’s economic development. China will steadfastly promote the IPR protection, strengthen exchanges and dialogue in IPR with the governments and industries of other countries and deepen mutual trust and cooperation.