On the September 20 a.m., Guangdong Intellectual Property Office (GDIPO) held a press conference to release the Action Plan on Strengthening IPR Protection and Promoting the High-quality Economic Development (hereinafter referred to as “the Action Plan”). Ma Xianmin, Head of GDIPO briefed the central media in Guangdong and the local media relevant information.
According to Ma, from January to August this year, Guangdong had 536,100 patent applications, a year-on-year increase of 37.76% ; 314,300 patent grants, up by 54.51% year on year; 148,200 invention patent applications, a year-on-year increase of 40.89%; and 35,800 invention patent grants, up by 25.31% year on y ear, all ranking the top nationwide.
Based on the internal needs for high-quality economic development, the Action Plan takes into account the core requirements for IPR work in the new situation and targets at the existing problems in the IP development of Guangdong.
Based on the requirements for workable measures, quantifiable indicators, examinable performance and measurable results, 14 policy measures are proposed, mainly as follows:
- exert the strictest IPR protection and create sound business environment;
- enhance the independent IPR creation capability and promote the high-quality patent output;
- establish an IPR protection system and nurture the core industrial competitiveness;
- form an IPR operational and trading system and promote the transformation and implementation of patent technology;
- accelerate the in-depth development in patent information resources and increase the new momentum for economic development;
- deepen the cooperation in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area and reinforce the overseas IPR layout and protection;
- deepen the reforms to delegate power, streamline administration and optimize government services in IPR and set up the relevant professional service teams.